Honey Chilli Potato
Published : 15 Oct 2017, 17:31
Crispy from outside and soft inside, you and your kids will love this delicious Chinese potato snacks which is easy to make.
Crispy, yet soft, Honey Chilli Potato, a popular Chinese snack is an all-time favourite of kids. Not only kids, it has a huge fan following among the youth and elderly people. Crispy, tangy and delicious, this vegetarian snack is a tempting snack with any cocktail or mocktail on any weekend or any day.
Serves: 4, Preparation time: 30 minutes, Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for Honey Chilli Potato:
Potatoes 8 (large)
Onion 3 (big)
Capsicum 3 (large)
Garlic 20 cloves
Ginger 1” thick
Green chillis 4
Ajinomoto ½ tsp
Soy sauce 1 tbsp
Green chilli sauce 1 tbsp
Vinegar ½ tbsp.
Tomato ketchup 3 tbsp
Honey 3 tbsp
Corn flour 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Red chilli flakes 1 tsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Sesame seeds 1 tsp
Oil for frying
How to make Honey Chilli Potato
Peel potatoes and wash them thoroughly. Cut them lengthwise like finger chips.
Sprinkle ½ tsp of salt, ½ tsp of red pepper powder and 2 tbsp of corn flour on it. Mix them well tossing the potato fingers in a big bowl.
Heat oil in a deep frying pan and fry the coated potato fingers. Drain them on a kitchen towel and keep aside.
Chop onions and capsicums fine.
Make a paste of garlic, ginger and green chillis altogether.
Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a separate pan. Saute ginger, garlic and green chilli paste for few minutes till cooked.
Add onion and capsicum. Saute for two to three minutes.
Add ajinomoto, vinegar and all sauces, salt and spices. Give a good stir.
Put all the fried potato fingers in the prepared masala and cook for ten minutes stirring occasionally.
Add honey and cook for two more minutes mixing it well gently.
Turn off gas and transfer the dish in the serving tray.
Garnish with sesame seeds and serve hot.
A hot sizzling plate of crispy honey chilli potatoes is mood lifting.
- Most viewed
- Recipe: Smoky, saucy, cheesy pasta
- Red Cross: 21 resigned or fired since 2015 in sex cases
- Khaleda’s bail in graft case extended until Monday
- Quality, time-befitting education a must: PM
- Hearing on Khaleda’s bail plea today
- 9th anniversary of Pilkhana carnage being observed
- 25 February Deaths
- 25 February Births
- 25 February Events
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Trump blasts Oprah
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Keep every child alive, says Unicef
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
- Nation pays homage to language martyrs