Weekend recipe: Crispy sesame potato finger
Published : 03 Jan 2018, 18:15
Try this simple yet crispy and spicy snack!
Bring fire to your weekend by way of food in a rich style preparing grilled sesame potato fingers. Add a squeeze of lemon and a kick of garlic to turn this snack into its fiery best. You will be enchanted by its flavour.
Preparation time: 20-30 minutes
Cooking time: 5-7 minutes
Whole wheat bread 4 slices
Potatoes 3 (medium- boiled and mashed)
Butter 2 tsp
Oil 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Green chillies 2 (finely chopped)
Garlic cloves 2 (finely chopped)
Salt to taste
Lemon juice 2 tbsp
Sesame seeds 4-5 tsp
Heat a non-stick pan. Roast sesame seeds lightly stirring continuously. Keep aside to cool.
Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
Add green chillies and garlic.
Stir and add mashed potatoes, salt, lemon juice, coriander leaves.
Mix well and cook it for five to seven minutes stirring occasionally.
At the time of serving butter the slices.
Spread potato masala on them and sprinkle sesame seeds to cover the top layer fully.
Preheat oven at 220 degree C. Grill the prepared bread pieces till golden brown.
Take out from the oven and cut each slice into 4-5 fingers.
Serve hot with tomato ketchup and coriander chutney.
Try this simple yet crispy and spicy snack! It is very yum and filling. A perfect snack to be served with cocktails or mock tails.
- Most viewed
- 'Hotel Transylvania' books spot at top of box office
- Khaleda denied bail in Narail defamation case
- Russian woman charged with spying in US
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- PM Sheikh Hasina opens G2P system for freedom fighters
- Theresa May accepts key amendments from hardline Brexiteers
- 592 rape incidents in six months
- 17 July Events
- Prime Minister visits Pabna today
- 11 July Deaths
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Tigresses ensure participation of ICC World T20
- Bangladesh Tigress will face Scotland tonight
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- No more ‘hot women’- FIFA wants fewer images of attractive female fans in stadiums