Weekend recipe: Crispy sesame potato finger
Published : 03 Jan 2018, 18:15
Try this simple yet crispy and spicy snack!
Bring fire to your weekend by way of food in a rich style preparing grilled sesame potato fingers. Add a squeeze of lemon and a kick of garlic to turn this snack into its fiery best. You will be enchanted by its flavour.
Preparation time: 20-30 minutes
Cooking time: 5-7 minutes
Whole wheat bread 4 slices
Potatoes 3 (medium- boiled and mashed)
Butter 2 tsp
Oil 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Green chillies 2 (finely chopped)
Garlic cloves 2 (finely chopped)
Salt to taste
Lemon juice 2 tbsp
Sesame seeds 4-5 tsp
Heat a non-stick pan. Roast sesame seeds lightly stirring continuously. Keep aside to cool.
Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
Add green chillies and garlic.
Stir and add mashed potatoes, salt, lemon juice, coriander leaves.
Mix well and cook it for five to seven minutes stirring occasionally.
At the time of serving butter the slices.
Spread potato masala on them and sprinkle sesame seeds to cover the top layer fully.
Preheat oven at 220 degree C. Grill the prepared bread pieces till golden brown.
Take out from the oven and cut each slice into 4-5 fingers.
Serve hot with tomato ketchup and coriander chutney.
Try this simple yet crispy and spicy snack! It is very yum and filling. A perfect snack to be served with cocktails or mock tails.
- Most viewed
- PM releases stamp, first day cover on Int'l Customs Day
- 7 reasons you should use vegan products
- How to make someone fall in love with you: According to science
- Six reasons why you should wear sunglasses in the cold season
- Teenage girl found dead in Chittagong
- US women open year with 5-1 win over Denmark
- 22 January Deaths
- 22 January Births
- 22 January Events
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- US wants transparent business environment in BD
- Priyanka Chopra lets go of her diet on her vacation!