Go beyond just red this Valentine’s Day
Published : 09 Feb 2018, 18:19
Valentines Day calls for everything red as people usually relate the colour with love.
Valentines Day calls for everything red as people usually relate the colour with love but how about trying some different tones this season?
Tanvi Malik, Co-Founder at FabAlley says that red is a great colour, but there are other unconventional colours and prints that can be explored to make the special day more exciting.
* Pastels: If you’d rather have a more relaxed and soothing Valentine’s Day, choose pastels as your colour pantone. Vibrant colours make things bright and glamorous, but sometimes all you want is a low-key, soft look and pastels make for a perfect pick.
* All shades of purple: People love pink for Valentine’s Day because it is feminine, delicate and pretty, but the same can be said about purple. This year, choose a spread of purples and violets to add an unusual touch to your Valentine’s Day.
Natascha Tate, In-House Stylist at LimeRoad too have some tips to share
* Blue valentine: A stunning blue dress can twist things up perfectly. A blue skater dress is simple yet stylish. Work it up with navy blue heels and black pearl earrings. Carry a nice black box clutch with it. For makeup, smokey eyes and neutral lip shade will work the best.
* Ruffle romance: A black ruffled neck dress is a sexy thing to wear on a date night. Work it for the Valentine’s Day with a pair of sky-high stilettoes and an embellished clutch. Pout on a scarlet red lip shade and brighten things up with a mineral bronzer. For jewellery, you can go for simple silver drops or a nice accent bracelet.
Ritika Taneja, Senior Director- Categories at ShopClues lists down her favorites.
* Discovering new colours like shades of grey’s, white’s, neon’s, floral’s etc and styles like bell bottom pants and shirt, long cut sleeves jacket with a dress, maxi sheer dress, long pencil skirt with a ruffle top hallmark your presence and shake up the traditional conventions of wearing a red dress.
* Accentuate the entire look with statement jewellery like crystal, bold neck pieces, metallic clutches and high heels.
* Matteo Lambert, Chief Collection Manager at Bata India lists down methods to add glamour to your footwear.
* An effortless way to incorporate Valentine’s feel into your outfit without overdoing it is to add a pop of colour to it.
* Colour block your footwear with your outfit – Bordeaux sling-back heels with neutral pants, hot pink pumps with a white dress or scarlet ankle boots with a pair of denim. The trick is to have showstopper shoes! Match the bag with your shoes and wear silver or gold accessories for a chic look.
- Most viewed
- Myanmar dithering on repatriation: Prime Minister
- Bangabandhu Satellite to be launched in Mar 2018: PM
- Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
- PM's press conference begins
- Pressure on Myanmar must for Rohingya repatriation: Norway
- Saudi women don't need male permission to start businesses
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife commits suicide in Chandpur
- Voting right is the basic right of people: PM
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- Pahela Falgun brings colour in life
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Thousands celebrate Pohela Falgun at Charukola
- Court takes charges into cognizance over assaulting woman by policemen
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting