Choose sugar free fruit juice prudently
Published : 24 Feb 2018, 18:21
With all the concerns about the obesity and diabetes epidemic and thought about tooth decay and cavities, it seems no spectacle, people opting for sugar-free fruit juices.
Though it is always healthier to actually eat fruit instead of having its juice so as to incorporate fiber in the diet with the popularity of juicing we all are tempted to have a glass of fresh fruit juice, of course without adding sugar to remain fit.
‘No added sugar’ means that no sugar-containing ingredient is added during making or processing the fruit juice. Though there is no such thing as ‘sugar-free fruit juice’ since those fruits from which the juices are made contain their own natural sugars. Real sugar-free drinks available are very few like plain water, flavored water, plain milk, caffeine-free diet soda, Crystal Light, Hawaiian Punch and Kool-Aid Sugar-Free.
Sugar even in 100 percent fruit juice, still has calories, so do not overdo it. It is always recommended by the doctors to have even pure fruit juices in moderation keeping health in mind.
· No juice if your child is under six months old.
· Four to six oz/d for infants six to twelve months old. Serve them in a cup with a spoon, not in a bottle or sipper.
· Four to six oz/d for children one to six years old.
· Eight to twelve oz/d for the children seven to eighteen years old.
· Four ounces/d for an adult.
This is the maximum amount of fruit juice which can be drunk each day. It might not be a good idea to get any extra calories and sugar if you are diabetic, overweight or becoming overweight. Here are few of the real 100 percent fruit juices that can help you normalize blood sugar as well as contribute significantly as part of a weight loss regimen.
1. Orange juice – Orange juice is packed with vitamin C (anti-inflammatory), vitamin A, vitamin B, folic acid (essential for red blood cells) and potassium (essential in muscle contraction). Limit the amount of orange juice to one or less cup per day to avoid hyper-glycemic loads. Try to have the juice with pulp to add the fibre content.
2. Apple juice – Although apple juice has a lower glycemic index than the orange juice (six compared with nine respectively). It is also higher in manganese. The fibre component of fruits help control peaks in blood sugar and fat accumulation. So catch an apple juice with pulp.
3. Grape juice – Although this juice has the highest amount of sugar among the three juices mentioned but its glycemic index remains at a low to medium effect. Grape juice is rich in vitamin C, thiamine, riboflavin, magnesium and chromium. Have it in moderation without adding sugar and enjoy its benefits.
4. Pomegranate juice – This juice comes as a surprise as it can provide health benefits to obese and diabetics. The sugar in pomegranate juice is attached to antioxidants that make them protective agents against certain diseases such as arthrosclerosis. This juice without adding sugar does not worsen the established diabetic parameters or your existing weight. This juice provides a powerful anti-oxidative protection against macrophages and serum responsible for arthrosclerosis. You can add baby spinach, carrot and apple to this juice to make it more healthy and delicious.
Calories and nutrition from sugar free fruit juices can be good or bad for you. With this gen you can get hale and hearty boom from your sugar free fruit beverages.
- Most viewed
- Amaranth Walnut Salad Recipe
- Teenager held for ‘raping’ Sunamganj minor girl
- Power generation sets new record; crosses 10,000 MW
- Woman found dead in Narsingdi
- 2 years of Tonu murder: Protesters demand justice
- Bangladesh's graduation to developing country a slap to critics: PM
- 16-year-old Mitu first Bangladeshi girl to cross Bangla Channel
- Profile: Bangadeshis killed in US-Bangla plane crash
- 20 March Deaths
- FBHRO starts its journey
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- Schoolgirl stabbed in Chapainawabganj
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Checking early marriage to protect kids from malnutrition: Dr Shirin
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe