Amaranth Walnut Salad Recipe
Published : 20 Mar 2018, 18:19
Amaranth Walnut Salad recipe is a tasty and mouth-watering combination of greens with walnuts that hauls you towards health food.
Made using amaranth, arugula, rocket leaves, tamarind, walnuts, dijon mustard, jaggery, lemon juice, green chilli, pumpkin seeds, bell peppers and salt, this salad recipe not only satiates your hunger but also provides your body the nutrients it needs to get through the day.
Occasions like kitty parties, game nights, buffets and family get-togethers are apt to relish this Continental recipe and will surely leave everyone astounded with its tangy flavors.
Zhe best thing about this vegetarian recipe is the dressing that can be prepared in advance and can be refrigerated for later use. If you want your family to sustain a healthy life, then try this easy recipe right away!
5 gm amaranth
50 gm roasted yellow bell pepper
3 gm pumpkin seeds
80 gm rocket leaves
50 gm roasted red bell pepper
1/4 cup arugula
30 gm tamrind chutney
8 toasted walnuts
5 gm melted jaggery
20 ml refined oil
1/2 chopped green chilli
salt as required
10 ml dijon mustard
10 gm tamarind paste
2 ml lemon juice
How to make Amaranth Walnut Salad:
To prepare this salad recipe, make the dressing first. Take a bowl and whisk together the jaggery, dijon mustard, tamarind paste, lemon juice and green chilly. Next, pour the oil slowly while whisking to create an emulsion. Once done, transfer this in the refrigerator and use as required for the salad.
After the dressing is chilled, add it in a bowl along with roasted red pepper, yellow bell pepper, arugula, tamarind chutney, rocket leaves and toasted walnuts. Toss it well to coat all the ingredients. Garnish with the amaranth puffs and pumpkin seeds.
Serve immediately to enjoy!
- Most viewed
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail
- EU leader says current Iran nuclear deal should be kept
- Housewife ‘mistakenly’ shot dead in Feni
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave Dhaka for Australia Thursday
- Indian court finds spiritual guru guilty of raping devotee
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge