Support and strengthen your body’s natural detoxification process
Published : 30 Mar 2018, 18:38
The liver is one of the most important organs in our body contributing to detoxification system.
It performs more than 500 functions. It turns fat-soluble toxins into water-soluble toxins which our body flushes out easily and regulates hormones.Some easy ways of keeping our lever healthy are as follows:
Eat a healthy diet
Eat a diet rich in vitamins and minerals.They are essential to detoxify lever, so make sure to consume them through food and supplements. Your diet should be high in fruits and vegetables which have high nutritional value. Brocolli, carrots, cabbage, beet, onion, garlic, collard grass and other leafy vegetables are the foods which help in detoxification of lever. Eat plenty of mineral rich food including calcium, potassium, manganese, sodium, iron, copper, zinc and others. Avoid eating margarine, processed food, artificial food additives, preservatives, and colors. Consume refined sugar and synthetic sweeteners as less as you can.
The liver is the main fat digesting organ of the body. Every molecule of fat you eat passes through your liver. Workout controls your weight which aids in the prevention of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). So do not overburden your lever to make it sluggish.
Herbs to cleanse your liver
There are some good herbs which support detoxification of lever. Organic turmeric, milk thistle, dandelion roots, chicory root, greater celandine, peppermint, and organic yellow dock root can be used for making lever healthier.
Increase intake of lemon water
Water detoxifies our body naturally.Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily. Add lemon juice to your glass of water as lemon contains citric acid that helps the liver to produce ‘Bile’ which in turn is used by our body to excrete toxins.
Manage your medication
Consult your physician prior to any medication. Restrict yourself from consuming painkillers.Taking regular, though small doses of painkillers can lead to drug-induced liver disease and failure.
It is a beverage commonly consumed worldwide.A study revealed that filtered coffee is more beneficial than boiled coffee, Drinking more coffee helps in reducing the liver damage that is caused by overindulging in food and alcohol. It is significant that the risk of developing’cirrhosis’ a disease which kills one million people every year worldwide, may be reduced by consumption of coffee. Researchers estimated one cup a day lowers the risk of ‘cirrhosis’ by 22% but it declined 57% to three cups.
So don’t be hard on this vital organ. Keep your liver functioning properly with these great and easy ways. Keeping lever in good shape is a key to live a healthy life. Often it is easier to prevent disease than to treat it.
- Most viewed
- Want to work for people until death: Prime Minister
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- 21 July Events
- 21 July Births
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- Putin, Macron, Kitarovic to watch World Cup final