Support and strengthen your body’s natural detoxification process
Published : 30 Mar 2018, 18:38
The liver is one of the most important organs in our body contributing to detoxification system.
It performs more than 500 functions. It turns fat-soluble toxins into water-soluble toxins which our body flushes out easily and regulates hormones.Some easy ways of keeping our lever healthy are as follows:
Eat a healthy diet
Eat a diet rich in vitamins and minerals.They are essential to detoxify lever, so make sure to consume them through food and supplements. Your diet should be high in fruits and vegetables which have high nutritional value. Brocolli, carrots, cabbage, beet, onion, garlic, collard grass and other leafy vegetables are the foods which help in detoxification of lever. Eat plenty of mineral rich food including calcium, potassium, manganese, sodium, iron, copper, zinc and others. Avoid eating margarine, processed food, artificial food additives, preservatives, and colors. Consume refined sugar and synthetic sweeteners as less as you can.
The liver is the main fat digesting organ of the body. Every molecule of fat you eat passes through your liver. Workout controls your weight which aids in the prevention of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). So do not overburden your lever to make it sluggish.
Herbs to cleanse your liver
There are some good herbs which support detoxification of lever. Organic turmeric, milk thistle, dandelion roots, chicory root, greater celandine, peppermint, and organic yellow dock root can be used for making lever healthier.
Increase intake of lemon water
Water detoxifies our body naturally.Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily. Add lemon juice to your glass of water as lemon contains citric acid that helps the liver to produce ‘Bile’ which in turn is used by our body to excrete toxins.
Manage your medication
Consult your physician prior to any medication. Restrict yourself from consuming painkillers.Taking regular, though small doses of painkillers can lead to drug-induced liver disease and failure.
It is a beverage commonly consumed worldwide.A study revealed that filtered coffee is more beneficial than boiled coffee, Drinking more coffee helps in reducing the liver damage that is caused by overindulging in food and alcohol. It is significant that the risk of developing’cirrhosis’ a disease which kills one million people every year worldwide, may be reduced by consumption of coffee. Researchers estimated one cup a day lowers the risk of ‘cirrhosis’ by 22% but it declined 57% to three cups.
So don’t be hard on this vital organ. Keep your liver functioning properly with these great and easy ways. Keeping lever in good shape is a key to live a healthy life. Often it is easier to prevent disease than to treat it.
- Most viewed
- Doob is getting much-deserved acknowledgment: Irrfan Khan
- Mystery around disappearance of Chinese star
- Marta wins Best FIFA Women's Player award
- Sheikh Hasina urges US businesses to share Bangladesh’s prosperity
- PM says Govt wants free, fair, participatory national polls
- PM Hasina joins Trump’s welcome reception
- PM Sheikh Hasina for more private sector investment in education sector
- Prime Minister places 3 proposals to resolve Rohingya crisis
- Settle all international disputes, prevent conflicts: Sheikh Hasina
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare