A traditional Arab food to relish, "Moong falafel"
Published : 05 May 2018, 18:37
The delicious aromas of appetizing spices wafting through the air in your kitchen. Prepare yourself for a fantastic feast.
Falafel, a richly flavored snack has transcended borders and is enjoyed all over the world. The irresistible taste can be enjoyed on breakfast or dinner table. It can make your weekend truly fulfilling. Also, it may prove a good way to welcome a special guest.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for Falafel:
Sabut moong (green) 2 cups (soaked for 3-4 hrs)
Onion 1 (large finely chopped)
Garlic 4 cloves (finely chopped)
Green chillies 2 (finely chopped)
Coriander leaves few (finely chopped)
Lemon juice 6 Tsp
Salt 1 Tsp
Chilli powder ½ tsp
Baking soda 1 tsp
Meetha soda a pinch
Oil to fry
Ingredients of Tahina paste:
Sesame seeds 1 cup
Garlic 4 cloves
Olive oil 1 tbsp
Water ½ cup
Salt to taste
Method of Tahina Paste:
Roast sesame seeds for five minutes on low flame. Add garlic cloves, salt, water and olive oil.
Grind to make a fine paste.
Method of Falafel:
Grind soaked sabut moong coarsely in a food processor without adding water.
Mix all other ingredients well in moong paste.
Make small balls of this mixture same as the size of a lemon.
Semi fry them in hot oil.
Take them out draining excess oil. Let them cool at room temperature.
Press the balls gently. Deep fry them again in hot oil.
Serve hot with tahini paste.
The rich aromas and great taste of this dish is a treat for everyone. Now you’re in for a delightful sensational experience.
- Most viewed
- 'I was raped at 16 and I kept silent'
- Wife of Malaysia's ex-PM arrives for questions in 1MDB case
- PM invited to WEF annual meeting
- Judi Dench honoured at Spain film festival
- PM urges int’l community to ensure easy transfer of technology
- Prime Minister for upholding dignity of UN peacekeeping
- 26 September Births
- 26 September Events
- 26 September Deaths
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM to receive 2 awards for her leadership over Rohingya issue
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- PM gives flats to former national footballers, hockey player
- Female RMG worker loses leg in Savar road crash