A traditional Arab food to relish, "Moong falafel"
Published : 05 May 2018, 18:37
The delicious aromas of appetizing spices wafting through the air in your kitchen. Prepare yourself for a fantastic feast.
Falafel, a richly flavored snack has transcended borders and is enjoyed all over the world. The irresistible taste can be enjoyed on breakfast or dinner table. It can make your weekend truly fulfilling. Also, it may prove a good way to welcome a special guest.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for Falafel:
Sabut moong (green) 2 cups (soaked for 3-4 hrs)
Onion 1 (large finely chopped)
Garlic 4 cloves (finely chopped)
Green chillies 2 (finely chopped)
Coriander leaves few (finely chopped)
Lemon juice 6 Tsp
Salt 1 Tsp
Chilli powder ½ tsp
Baking soda 1 tsp
Meetha soda a pinch
Oil to fry
Ingredients of Tahina paste:
Sesame seeds 1 cup
Garlic 4 cloves
Olive oil 1 tbsp
Water ½ cup
Salt to taste
Method of Tahina Paste:
Roast sesame seeds for five minutes on low flame. Add garlic cloves, salt, water and olive oil.
Grind to make a fine paste.
Method of Falafel:
Grind soaked sabut moong coarsely in a food processor without adding water.
Mix all other ingredients well in moong paste.
Make small balls of this mixture same as the size of a lemon.
Semi fry them in hot oil.
Take them out draining excess oil. Let them cool at room temperature.
Press the balls gently. Deep fry them again in hot oil.
Serve hot with tahini paste.
The rich aromas and great taste of this dish is a treat for everyone. Now you’re in for a delightful sensational experience.
- Most viewed
- Keto or vegan? Hear it from the nutritionist
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: 5 times actress turned heads
- Wonder benefits of coconut oil
- Google faces record 4.3-bn-euro EU fine over Android
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- Sonam Kapoor's Truly 'The Good Wife'
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- Quota movement is discreet campaign against FFs children
- Theresa May wins key Brexit vote despite ongoing rebellion
- Prime Minister visits Pabna today
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Tigresses ensure participation of ICC World T20
- Bangladesh Tigress will face Scotland tonight
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- No more ‘hot women’- FIFA wants fewer images of attractive female fans in stadiums
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers