Why a Swedish Town Might Be Swapping Lunch Breaks For Sex Breaks (Video)
Published : 26 Feb 2017, 21:51
A Swedish lawmaker is proposing a way to make the midday slump a little more, well, active. A council member in the town of Övertorneå wants to give the municipality's 550 employees a one-hour break for sex each week, according to a report from the New York Times. The best part? Everyone would be paid the same as they normally would to sit at their desk.
"I believe that sex is often in short supply. Everyday life is stressful and the children are at home," councilman Per-Erik Muskos said in his motion earlier this week. "This could be an opportunity for couples to have their own time, only for each other."
Talk about work perks! But seriously, Muskos isn't wrong about the value of a regular romp. Sex is known to improve sleep, reduce stress, boost immunity, strengthen relationships, and more.
Another, more obvious reason to subsidize sex, says Muskos: to encourage baby-making, and give the small town's population a bump.
Sweden is famous for its efforts to create better work-life balance (think 480 days of paid parental leave!). And the Swedes consider their coffee breaks, known as fika, a sacred ritual. We'll see if the folks in Övertorneå get even luckier with a paid break for sex. The new proposal will be voted on this spring.
- Most viewed
- Katrina Kaif’s character in ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ revealed
- 21 September Events
- 21 September Births
- 21 September Deaths
- Quitting junk food can have withdrawals as drug addiction
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- Receiving Smita Patil award validates my choices: Anushka
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangabandhu struggled for peace and equality: PM
- 15 September Deaths
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Technical school & college to be built in each upazila: PM
- 15 September Events
- Sonam believes Kangana is a troublemaker
- Technology is the best way to develop country: Sheikh Hasina
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks