Media role effective to end violence against women and children
Published : 27 Jan 2017, 17:19
Development activists and media personnel at a round-table meeting here on Friday said that media has a vital role to end violence and repression against poor and marginalised women besides building their self-confidence and dignity.
They viewed balanced society could be established through ensuring human rights. Social initiative is also very important to protect the dignity of marginalized population.
It is time to remove the social disparities and other social crimes like gender discrimination, child marriage and violence against women. So, the media people would come forward and work together towards eliminating the social crimes.
These views were expressed in a round-table meeting held in the city with media personnel styled "Expectation from Media Personnel towards
ensuring access to justice of Marginalised communities".
Brotee Somaj Kolyan Sangstha (BSKS) under its project 'Protecting the Vulnerable through Community Legal Services' organized the meeting under the Community Legal Services (CLS) programme funded by UKAID through Maxwell Stamp-PLC.
With Brotee Chief Executive Sharmin Murshid in the chair, Editor of Daily Sonar Desh Akbarul Hassan Millat, BSKS Panel Lawyer Shahinul Haque, Regional Coordinator and Legal Advocacy Officer Ashique Iqbal and Training and Communication Coordinator Razendra Kumar Das spoke on the occasion.
During his concept paper presentation, Shashanka Boron Roy, Coordinator of the project, said main thrust of the project is to improve access to justice and existing legal service procedure for un-served population like poor and extreme poor ethnic minority.
- Most viewed
- What to eat to stay full during Ramadan
- Worried about high cholesterol levels? Avoid foods full of trans fats
- Bangabandhu Satellite will benefit broadcasting industry: Tarana
- Bangladesh being built with Nazrul’s non-communal spirit: PM
- Ireland: Exit polls predict win for repealing abortion ban
- Housewife strangulated to death in Satkhira
- Facebook, Twitter to introduce new guidelines for political ads
- PM Hasina receives D.Litt from Nazrul University at Asansol
- 4 kids drown in Cox’s Bazar, Bagerhat
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be
- Khulna City mayor calls on Prime Minister
- Prime Minister talks tough against drugs
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- 9 die due to Nipah virus outbreak in India
- The Simple Things That Can Easily Lift Your Mood Up
- True grit Sharapova back at French Open with point to prove
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack