Media role effective to end violence against women and children
Published : 27 Jan 2017, 17:19
Development activists and media personnel at a round-table meeting here on Friday said that media has a vital role to end violence and repression against poor and marginalised women besides building their self-confidence and dignity.
They viewed balanced society could be established through ensuring human rights. Social initiative is also very important to protect the dignity of marginalized population.
It is time to remove the social disparities and other social crimes like gender discrimination, child marriage and violence against women. So, the media people would come forward and work together towards eliminating the social crimes.
These views were expressed in a round-table meeting held in the city with media personnel styled "Expectation from Media Personnel towards
ensuring access to justice of Marginalised communities".
Brotee Somaj Kolyan Sangstha (BSKS) under its project 'Protecting the Vulnerable through Community Legal Services' organized the meeting under the Community Legal Services (CLS) programme funded by UKAID through Maxwell Stamp-PLC.
With Brotee Chief Executive Sharmin Murshid in the chair, Editor of Daily Sonar Desh Akbarul Hassan Millat, BSKS Panel Lawyer Shahinul Haque, Regional Coordinator and Legal Advocacy Officer Ashique Iqbal and Training and Communication Coordinator Razendra Kumar Das spoke on the occasion.
During his concept paper presentation, Shashanka Boron Roy, Coordinator of the project, said main thrust of the project is to improve access to justice and existing legal service procedure for un-served population like poor and extreme poor ethnic minority.
- Most viewed
- Recipe: Smoky, saucy, cheesy pasta
- Red Cross: 21 resigned or fired since 2015 in sex cases
- Khaleda’s bail in graft case extended until Monday
- Quality, time-befitting education a must: PM
- Hearing on Khaleda’s bail plea today
- 9th anniversary of Pilkhana carnage being observed
- 25 February Deaths
- 25 February Births
- 25 February Events
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Trump blasts Oprah
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Keep every child alive, says Unicef
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
- Nation pays homage to language martyrs