Media role effective to end violence against women and children
Published : 27 Jan 2017, 17:19
Development activists and media personnel at a round-table meeting here on Friday said that media has a vital role to end violence and repression against poor and marginalised women besides building their self-confidence and dignity.
They viewed balanced society could be established through ensuring human rights. Social initiative is also very important to protect the dignity of marginalized population.
It is time to remove the social disparities and other social crimes like gender discrimination, child marriage and violence against women. So, the media people would come forward and work together towards eliminating the social crimes.
These views were expressed in a round-table meeting held in the city with media personnel styled "Expectation from Media Personnel towards
ensuring access to justice of Marginalised communities".
Brotee Somaj Kolyan Sangstha (BSKS) under its project 'Protecting the Vulnerable through Community Legal Services' organized the meeting under the Community Legal Services (CLS) programme funded by UKAID through Maxwell Stamp-PLC.
With Brotee Chief Executive Sharmin Murshid in the chair, Editor of Daily Sonar Desh Akbarul Hassan Millat, BSKS Panel Lawyer Shahinul Haque, Regional Coordinator and Legal Advocacy Officer Ashique Iqbal and Training and Communication Coordinator Razendra Kumar Das spoke on the occasion.
During his concept paper presentation, Shashanka Boron Roy, Coordinator of the project, said main thrust of the project is to improve access to justice and existing legal service procedure for un-served population like poor and extreme poor ethnic minority.
- Most viewed
- HC to hear Khaleda’s bail petitions tomorrow
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be
- The Simple Things That Can Easily Lift Your Mood Up
- Priyanka visits Rohingya refugee camps in Bangladesh
- 5 killed in Bandarban landslide
- PM draws picture on 'Muktijoddhya'
- 34 new experiments to launch on NASA cargo ship
- 9 die due to Nipah virus outbreak in India
- Prime Minister talks tough against drugs
- Mallika Sherawat locks herself in a cage for a cause
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- SC decision on Khaleda’s bail Wednesday
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- Rape accused killed in Feni ‘gunfight’
- Prime Minister asks police to provide proper service
- 10 Tips to Pre-Prep Meals for Ramadan to Save Time and Effort