Over 3cr SIMS not re-registered: Tarana
Published : 29 May 2016, 14:47
Tarana Halim, state minister for post and telecommunication, today said 3. 30 crore SIMs (subscriber identity module) are yet to be re-registered although the deadline expires Tuesday.
So far, 10.09 crore SIMs have been re-registered, Tarana told journalists at a press briefing at her Secretariat office in Dhaka.
The government extended the deadline for biometric SIM re-registration by a month after a third of the mobile phone subscribers could not complete the process within the given time that ended on April 30.
The re-registration process will continue until May 31 midnight and afterwards, those unregistered SIMs will go out of network, she said.
The deadline has been extended considering public sufferings following high traffic on the national identity database (NID) server, which had slowed down the process.
People can call the short code, 16103 for help if they face any problem with their National Identity (NID) cards, the state minister said.
- Most viewed
- Bangladesh improves quickly in socioeconomic index: Speaker
- Shreya Ghosal perform at ICCB
- Made in Bangladesh
- March 29 Deaths
- March 29 Births
- March 29 Events
- 3 bodies recovered in Bagerhat trawler capsize
- Eat Home Cooked Meals and Skip Watching TV to Lower Risks of Obesity
- PM blasts BNP for not observing 'Genocide Day'
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- Ex-husband of Arifa caught in Tangail
- Police name London attacker as British-born Khalid Masood
- Hawaii lawmaker resigns from Republican Party
- Schoolgirls deployed to collect toll for event
- Bangladesh female hockey champs epitomize Special Olympics ideal
- Police put on alert across Bangladesh