Over 3cr SIMS not re-registered: Tarana
Published : 29 May 2016, 14:47
Tarana Halim, state minister for post and telecommunication, today said 3. 30 crore SIMs (subscriber identity module) are yet to be re-registered although the deadline expires Tuesday.
So far, 10.09 crore SIMs have been re-registered, Tarana told journalists at a press briefing at her Secretariat office in Dhaka.
The government extended the deadline for biometric SIM re-registration by a month after a third of the mobile phone subscribers could not complete the process within the given time that ended on April 30.
The re-registration process will continue until May 31 midnight and afterwards, those unregistered SIMs will go out of network, she said.
The deadline has been extended considering public sufferings following high traffic on the national identity database (NID) server, which had slowed down the process.
People can call the short code, 16103 for help if they face any problem with their National Identity (NID) cards, the state minister said.
- Most viewed
- Militants kill mother-daughter polio workers in Pakistan
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern may be first leader to give birth while in office
- Magura teenage girl ‘kills self’ for smartphone
- 19 January Deaths
- 19 January Births
- 19 January Events
- Must-take fitness resolutions for the Year 2018
- Deepika becomes a cop for a commercial
- Dhaka wants peaceful solution to Rohingya crisis: Sheikh Hasina
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Tarana for women’s equal participation in filmmaking
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol
- Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina