Over 3cr SIMS not re-registered: Tarana
Published : 29 May 2016, 14:47
Tarana Halim, state minister for post and telecommunication, today said 3. 30 crore SIMs (subscriber identity module) are yet to be re-registered although the deadline expires Tuesday.
So far, 10.09 crore SIMs have been re-registered, Tarana told journalists at a press briefing at her Secretariat office in Dhaka.
The government extended the deadline for biometric SIM re-registration by a month after a third of the mobile phone subscribers could not complete the process within the given time that ended on April 30.
The re-registration process will continue until May 31 midnight and afterwards, those unregistered SIMs will go out of network, she said.
The deadline has been extended considering public sufferings following high traffic on the national identity database (NID) server, which had slowed down the process.
People can call the short code, 16103 for help if they face any problem with their National Identity (NID) cards, the state minister said.
- Most viewed
- Hillary Clinton out of politics, star of GOP midterm plan
- ‘A Quiet Place’ rules US box office
- US envoy: Trump leads on N. Korea as G7 ministers meet
- PM returns home from London
- 23 April Events
- 23 April Deaths
- 23 April Births
- Saudi women's fitness centre shut over 'indecent' video
- Teenage girl loses leg in Banani road accident
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Former US first lady Barbara Bush dies