Over 3cr SIMS not re-registered: Tarana
Published : 29 May 2016, 14:47
Tarana Halim, state minister for post and telecommunication, today said 3. 30 crore SIMs (subscriber identity module) are yet to be re-registered although the deadline expires Tuesday.
So far, 10.09 crore SIMs have been re-registered, Tarana told journalists at a press briefing at her Secretariat office in Dhaka.
The government extended the deadline for biometric SIM re-registration by a month after a third of the mobile phone subscribers could not complete the process within the given time that ended on April 30.
The re-registration process will continue until May 31 midnight and afterwards, those unregistered SIMs will go out of network, she said.
The deadline has been extended considering public sufferings following high traffic on the national identity database (NID) server, which had slowed down the process.
People can call the short code, 16103 for help if they face any problem with their National Identity (NID) cards, the state minister said.
- Most viewed
- Nusraat Faria goes bold on costume; sparks off protests on social media
- Melania Trump's pricey jacket draws attention in Sicily
- Raid at Savar ‘militant dens’: 7 grenades, 3 suicide vests found
- NASA’s Juno probe forces ‘rethink’ on Jupiter
- Nokia 9: Dual rear cameras leaked in new images, 8GB RAM, and more
- Oil prices rally after heavy sell-off
- Blast heard as cops resume operation at Savar ‘militant dens’
- Indian aid arrives as Sri Lanka monsoon toll hits 100
- Ramadan begins tomorrow
- Cannes 2017: Aishwarya unleashes glamour in red gown
- Rumana Monzur graduates from law school
- Banani rape: Cops allowed for forensic test on mobiles of Shafat, Sakif
- 'Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar'
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22
- 19 killed in terror blast at UK pop concert
- PM accorded warm reception in Saudi Arabia
- New Zealand space launch has nation reaching for the stars
- 21 May Deaths