Over 3cr SIMS not re-registered: Tarana
Published : 29 May 2016, 14:47
Tarana Halim, state minister for post and telecommunication, today said 3. 30 crore SIMs (subscriber identity module) are yet to be re-registered although the deadline expires Tuesday.
So far, 10.09 crore SIMs have been re-registered, Tarana told journalists at a press briefing at her Secretariat office in Dhaka.
The government extended the deadline for biometric SIM re-registration by a month after a third of the mobile phone subscribers could not complete the process within the given time that ended on April 30.
The re-registration process will continue until May 31 midnight and afterwards, those unregistered SIMs will go out of network, she said.
The deadline has been extended considering public sufferings following high traffic on the national identity database (NID) server, which had slowed down the process.
People can call the short code, 16103 for help if they face any problem with their National Identity (NID) cards, the state minister said.
- Most viewed
- PM defends Rampal Plant in interaction with Gore at WEF
- 39 jailed in India for trafficking 7 Bangladeshis, dozens of Indians
- 15 school children feared killed in road accident in India
- PM for utilising transboundary freshwater resources
- 19 January Deaths
- 19 January Births
- 19 January Events
- Journo Shahidul Huq's wife Shamsun Nahar passes away
- Shakira asks Davos elite to nurture future leaders
- PM urges partymen to overcome challenging days ahead
- PM arrives in Zurich to attend WEF meeting
- PM joins Biswa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- 13 bodies found, scores of migrants feared dead in Mediterranean
- 26 get death in seven-murder trial
- India boat accident toll rises to 26, more dead feared
- 6 killed, 15 injured in Comilla road accident
- Climate change shows in shrinking Antarctic snows
- 16 January Births