Facebook to build a new 'integrated, mixed-use village'
Published : 08 Jul 2017, 13:51
After moving into a 430,000 sqft sprawling facility in Menlo Park, California, two years ago, Facebook is ready to expand its office space with building "an integrated, mixed-use village".
To be called "Willow Campus", the new facility will provide 125,000 sq.ft of new retail space, including a grocery store, pharmacy and additional community-facing retail.
"Working with the community, our goal for the aWillow Campus' is to create an integrated, mixed-use village that will provide much needed services, housing and transit solutions as well as office space," John Tenanes, Vice President, Global Facilities and Real Estate at Facebook, wrote in a blog post late on Friday.
"Part of our vision is to create a neighbourhood center that provides long-needed community services," he added.
Facebook envisions that construction will follow in phases, with the first to include the grocery, retail, housing and office completed in early 2021, and subsequent phases will take two years each to complete.
According to the company, "Willow Campus" will be an opportunity to catalyse regional transit investment by providing planned density sufficient to support new east-west connections and a future transit centre.
"We're investing tens of millions of dollars to improve US101," Tenanes said.
US Route 101 is a north-south highway that runs through the states of California, Oregon and Washington on the west coast.
The new campus will be in addition to the existing headquarters and will not replace it.
"Our hope is to create a physical space that supports our community and builds on our existing programmes," the post added.
- Most viewed
- Abortion clinics to lose funding under new Trump rule
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- President, PM for ensuring accuracy in weights, measures
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle wed in Windsor as millions watch
- Ramadan Recipes: How to Easily Make Basbousa
- Clooneys, Beckhams arrive for royal wedding
- It's all about the well-plumed hats for royal wedding guests
- Sheikh Hasina, Modi to meet in Santiniketan
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Mallika Sherawat locks herself in a cage for a cause
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- SC decision on Khaleda’s bail Wednesday
- Rape accused killed in Feni ‘gunfight’
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Militancy now under control: Prime Minister
- Prime Minister asks police to provide proper service
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief