Zuckerberg is now the third-richest person alive
Published : 07 Jul 2018, 18:23
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has replaced Warren Buffett as the third-richest person in the world.
The Facebook CEO jumped ahead on Friday with a net worth of $81.6 billion, according to calculations by Bloomberg.
That put him about $373 million in front of Buffett, the legendary investor and Berkshire Hathaway (BRKA) CEO.
Zuckerberg claimed the No 3 spot on the Bloomberg Billionaires Index because Facebook (FB) shares rose 2.4%. The stock has spiked about 15% this year, according to the CNN report.
For the first time, the three richest people alive are all tech titans. Amazon's Jeff Bezos, worth about $141 billion, is first, followed by Microsoft (MSFT) founder Bill Gates, according to the Bloomberg index.
- Most viewed
- Receiving Smita Patil award validates my choices: Anushka
- PM to receive 2 awards for her leadership over Rohingya issue
- PM gives flats to former national footballers, hockey player
- 20 September Events
- 20 September Births
- 20 September Deaths
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- Plan for 5-MRT, 2-BRT, 3-tier ring road, 6-expressway: Sheikh Hasina
- 14 September Births
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Events
- 14 September Deaths
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Choose natural plants to connect you to your interiors