Bangladesh U16 girls hit Singapore for five
Published : 30 Aug 2016, 04:11
Bangladesh have sealed a resounding 5-0 win over Singapore to clinch their second straight win in the AFC Under-16 Women's Champions qualifiers.
The hosts entertained the crowd on Monday evening with a dominant show of attacking football to put Singapore defence to the sword.
They scored three goals in the last 10 minutes.
The two other goals came just before and after the break at the Bangabandhu National Stadium.
The disciples of local coach Golam Rabbani Chhoton began their qualifying campaign in Group C on Saturday, easing past Iran with a 3-0 scoreline in the opener.
Singapore's opening match against the United Arab Emirates ended in a 2-2 draw.
On Monday, Bangladesh's high-pressing strategy dragged their backline near the centre field while the midfielders and forwards kept probing in and out of the Singapore box.
Bangladesh came close a couple of times early in the game before taking the lead in the 39th minute.
Sanjida Akhter broke away from the right and swung one into the area to find captain Krishna Rani who headed into the far corner.
The skipper doubled the lead in the 47th minute from another cross from the left.
Substitute Tahura Khatun waltzed her way into the box and let one fly. When the Singapore goalkeeper failed to hold on to it, Anuching Mogini tapped the ball in with nine minutes left on the clock.
Moushumi Jahan netted the fourth five minutes later before Anuching completed the rout in stoppage time.
In other Group C matches of the day, Iran brushed aside Kyrgyzstan with a 9-0 win and the UAE hammered Chinese Taipei 5-0.
The hosts will take on Kyrgyzstan in the next match on Wednesday.
- Most viewed
- PM defends Rampal Plant in interaction with Gore at WEF
- 39 jailed in India for trafficking 7 Bangladeshis, dozens of Indians
- 15 school children feared killed in road accident in India
- PM for utilising transboundary freshwater resources
- 19 January Deaths
- 19 January Births
- 19 January Events
- Journo Shahidul Huq's wife Shamsun Nahar passes away
- Shakira asks Davos elite to nurture future leaders
- PM urges partymen to overcome challenging days ahead
- PM arrives in Zurich to attend WEF meeting
- PM joins Biswa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- 13 bodies found, scores of migrants feared dead in Mediterranean
- 26 get death in seven-murder trial
- India boat accident toll rises to 26, more dead feared
- 6 killed, 15 injured in Comilla road accident
- Climate change shows in shrinking Antarctic snows
- 16 January Births