Bangladesh U16 girls hit Singapore for five
Published : 30 Aug 2016, 04:11
Bangladesh have sealed a resounding 5-0 win over Singapore to clinch their second straight win in the AFC Under-16 Women's Champions qualifiers.
The hosts entertained the crowd on Monday evening with a dominant show of attacking football to put Singapore defence to the sword.
They scored three goals in the last 10 minutes.
The two other goals came just before and after the break at the Bangabandhu National Stadium.
The disciples of local coach Golam Rabbani Chhoton began their qualifying campaign in Group C on Saturday, easing past Iran with a 3-0 scoreline in the opener.
Singapore's opening match against the United Arab Emirates ended in a 2-2 draw.
On Monday, Bangladesh's high-pressing strategy dragged their backline near the centre field while the midfielders and forwards kept probing in and out of the Singapore box.
Bangladesh came close a couple of times early in the game before taking the lead in the 39th minute.
Sanjida Akhter broke away from the right and swung one into the area to find captain Krishna Rani who headed into the far corner.
The skipper doubled the lead in the 47th minute from another cross from the left.
Substitute Tahura Khatun waltzed her way into the box and let one fly. When the Singapore goalkeeper failed to hold on to it, Anuching Mogini tapped the ball in with nine minutes left on the clock.
Moushumi Jahan netted the fourth five minutes later before Anuching completed the rout in stoppage time.
In other Group C matches of the day, Iran brushed aside Kyrgyzstan with a 9-0 win and the UAE hammered Chinese Taipei 5-0.
The hosts will take on Kyrgyzstan in the next match on Wednesday.
- Most viewed
- People suffer for countrywide transport strike
- HC halts gas price hike for 6 months
- SpaceX to send two tourists around Moon in 2018
- Reasons of post-pregnancy weight gain
- Humans spark most US wildfires: study
- 8 Dead, 30 Injured After Bus Plunges Into Canal In Andhra Pradesh
- 5 JMB men given death penalty for killing Kunio Hoshi
- 28 February Deaths
- 28 February Births
- PM urges brands, buyers to help overhaul garment factories
- Modern multi-storied food warehouse ready for opening at Santahar
- Gas price hike: CPB, BSD call hartal in Dhaka Feb 28
- President, PM pay tributes to Pilkhana martyrs
- Khadiza goes back home
- Sports village to be constructed at Padmar char: PM
- 82,000 tonnes winter vegetables produced in Narsingdi
- JU VC honored as first woman VC to public university
- Medical student killed in Dhaka road accident