Bangladesh end with perfect record after 4-0 win over UAE
Published : 05 Sep 2016, 13:45
Hosts Bangladesh capped off their AFC U-16 Championship Qualifiers campaign with a comfortable 4-0 victory against United Arab Emirates at the Bangabandhu National Stadium today to top Group C with maximum 15 points from five matches.
Skipper Krishna Rani scored at the start of both halves --taking her tally to eight goals in the campaign -- before Anuching Mogini scored the third and substitute Tohura Khatun put the icing on the cake with a fourth three minutes before the end of play.
Two goals were disallowed due to offside while a number of attacks failed to find the target.
Having already sealed their spot in the final round of the championship where they will play against North Korea, Japan, China, Thailand, Australia and two other teams yet to be decided, the hosts were not at their lethal best on a soggy pitch today, yet they had enough firepower to stroll past minnows UAE.
- Most viewed
- Comilla city polls begin
- 30 March Deaths
- 30 March Births
- 30 March Events
- ‘Half Girlfriend’ motion poster: It's complicated between Shraddha Kapoor and Arjun Kapoor
- WHO to continue help Bangladesh combat three major diseases
- Bangladesh improves quickly in socioeconomic index: Speaker
- Shreya Ghosal perform at ICCB
- Made in Bangladesh
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- Ex-husband of Arifa caught in Tangail
- Police name London attacker as British-born Khalid Masood
- Hawaii lawmaker resigns from Republican Party
- Schoolgirls deployed to collect toll for event
- Bangladesh female hockey champs epitomize Special Olympics ideal
- IS claims responsibility for Sylhet blasts