Bangladesh end with perfect record after 4-0 win over UAE
Published : 05 Sep 2016, 13:45
Hosts Bangladesh capped off their AFC U-16 Championship Qualifiers campaign with a comfortable 4-0 victory against United Arab Emirates at the Bangabandhu National Stadium today to top Group C with maximum 15 points from five matches.
Skipper Krishna Rani scored at the start of both halves --taking her tally to eight goals in the campaign -- before Anuching Mogini scored the third and substitute Tohura Khatun put the icing on the cake with a fourth three minutes before the end of play.
Two goals were disallowed due to offside while a number of attacks failed to find the target.
Having already sealed their spot in the final round of the championship where they will play against North Korea, Japan, China, Thailand, Australia and two other teams yet to be decided, the hosts were not at their lethal best on a soggy pitch today, yet they had enough firepower to stroll past minnows UAE.
- Most viewed
- Vegetable Kebobs Recipe
- Australian car-making ends with last GM plant closing
- One can register 20 SIMs against an NID card: Tarana Halim
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Merkel wants EU aid cut to Turkey for democratic backsliding
- No Rohingya woman safe as rapists run rampant : Experts
- Rohingya refugee children in Bangladesh in dire state: Unicef
- 20 October Deaths
- 20 October Births
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- 18 October Events
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Rivals accused in cases over attack on Sajeda’s motorcade
- 18 October Births
- Oscars board expels producer Harvey Weinstein from Academy amid sexual assault allegations
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- France's Audrey Azoulay wins vote to be next UNESCO chief