Bangladesh end with perfect record after 4-0 win over UAE
Published : 05 Sep 2016, 13:45
Hosts Bangladesh capped off their AFC U-16 Championship Qualifiers campaign with a comfortable 4-0 victory against United Arab Emirates at the Bangabandhu National Stadium today to top Group C with maximum 15 points from five matches.
Skipper Krishna Rani scored at the start of both halves --taking her tally to eight goals in the campaign -- before Anuching Mogini scored the third and substitute Tohura Khatun put the icing on the cake with a fourth three minutes before the end of play.
Two goals were disallowed due to offside while a number of attacks failed to find the target.
Having already sealed their spot in the final round of the championship where they will play against North Korea, Japan, China, Thailand, Australia and two other teams yet to be decided, the hosts were not at their lethal best on a soggy pitch today, yet they had enough firepower to stroll past minnows UAE.
- Most viewed
- Narayanganj 7-murder cases: High Court upholds death penalty for 15
- Indian court rules against instant divorce
- Weekend delight: Unwind with Minty Mushroom Croquettes
- Kill depression with small lifestyle changes
- Hamburgers may be more dangerous than you think
- Strawberry wine: Cheers to good health!
- 5 held for 'gang-raping' Pabna schoolgirls
- 2 schoolgirls 'gang-raped'
- Govt. to continue food assistance to flood-hit people: PM
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- 19 August Births
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- 19 August Events
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Prospect of progress must not be ruined: PM
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom