Bangladesh women beat Malaysia to reach Asia Cup T20 final
Published : 09 Jun 2018, 16:04
The Bangladesh women’s cricket team booked a place in the final of the T20 Asia Cup with a 70 runs win over Malaysia at the Kinrara Academy Cup in Selangor, Kuala Lampur on Saturday.
Tigresses are now set to face India Women in the final of Women’s T20 Asia Cup at the same venue on Sunday.
Winning the toss the Tigresses elected to bat first and put a total of 130 runs for four on the scoreboard. Opener Shamima Sultana scored 43 runs off 54 balls.
In reply, Malaysia women could only manage to score 60 runs for 9 in 20 overs as they struggled from the beginning.
The leg break bowler Rumana Ahmed took 3 wickets for 8 runs from four overs while skipper Salma, Jahanara, Nahida and Khadija took a wicket each.
- Most viewed
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 23 June Births
- 23 June Deaths
- 23 June Events
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM