Bangladesh women beat Malaysia to reach Asia Cup T20 final
Published : 09 Jun 2018, 16:04
The Bangladesh women’s cricket team booked a place in the final of the T20 Asia Cup with a 70 runs win over Malaysia at the Kinrara Academy Cup in Selangor, Kuala Lampur on Saturday.
Tigresses are now set to face India Women in the final of Women’s T20 Asia Cup at the same venue on Sunday.
Winning the toss the Tigresses elected to bat first and put a total of 130 runs for four on the scoreboard. Opener Shamima Sultana scored 43 runs off 54 balls.
In reply, Malaysia women could only manage to score 60 runs for 9 in 20 overs as they struggled from the beginning.
The leg break bowler Rumana Ahmed took 3 wickets for 8 runs from four overs while skipper Salma, Jahanara, Nahida and Khadija took a wicket each.
- Most viewed
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Pregnant New Zealand minister cycles to delivery ward
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self