Crying toddler found drinking milk from dead mother (Heartbreaking video)
Published : 25 May 2017, 18:40
This is the tragic moment a crying toddler desperately tries to drink his mother's milk, unaware that she is dead.
Police were called to reports of a dead body near train tracks in Damoh district, Madhya Pradesh, India, this morning.
When officers arrived they saw a crowd around the woman and her crying 17-month-old baby, report Mail online.
Witness Monu Balmiki, 27, said: 'We saw a woman lying near the railway track and informed the police.
'But when we got closer we spotted a child next to her crying and drinking her milk. It brought tears to our eyes.'
Officer Nand Ram, who is the head constable of the Government Railway Police, said: 'The toddler was crying for his mother and on receiving no response from her; he held her and started drinking milk from her.
'We were shocked to see it, it was very sad.
The woman was lying dead while the child was sitting next to her scratchless.
'This was something we have never seen before. It was quite emotional for us all.
Mr Balmiki added that the body had been sent for a post-mortem and an investigation is underway to determine the cause of death.
He said: 'We are suspecting an accident as she was bleeding from her nose and ears.
'We are trying to locate the home address of the woman and trying to dig up some information about her so that her family can be informed.'
The toddler was taken to a nearby hospital for a check-up and the local Child Welfare Committee was informed.
A hospital spokesman said: 'The child was brought here around 10am this morning.
'We conducted a physical examination on him and he was suffering from a cold but has been given medication.
'He has no other complications and we'll make sure he's taken care of.'
They added that arrangements were being made to take the boy to an orphanage until his family are tracked down.
- Most viewed
- PM gives flats to former national footballers, hockey player
- 20 September Events
- 20 September Births
- 20 September Deaths
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- Plan for 5-MRT, 2-BRT, 3-tier ring road, 6-expressway: Sheikh Hasina
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare
- Facebook accused of hiding job ads from women
- 14 September Births
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Events
- 14 September Deaths
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Choose natural plants to connect you to your interiors