‘Miss Wheelchair World’ pageant seeks to change attitudes
Published : 10 Oct 2017, 17:11
A Polish organisation had held the first international edition of a beauty pageant for women in wheelchairs in an effort to change people’s perceptions about people with disabilities.
A woman from Belarus was the winner of the Miss Wheelchair World in Warsaw on Saturday evening.
The first runner-up was from South Africa and the second runner-up from Poland.
The event was organized by the Only One Foundation, which was founded by two disabled women seeking to break down barriers limiting disabled people.
After four editions of Miss Poland Wheelchair, the pageant on Saturday marked an effort to go global.
The organization says that every woman in a wheelchair has the right ‘to be whoever she wants and to feel beautiful.’
The city of Warsaw co-organized the event.
Source: CTV News
- Most viewed
- Bangabandhu's assassination most shameful incident in world history: Envoy
- Speaker pays homage to Bangabandhu
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- President, PM pay homage to Bangabandhu
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- 15 August Births
- 15 August Events
- 15 August Deaths
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- 9 August Events
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women
- Karan Johar welcomes Preity Zinta back to Bollywood
- 9 August Births
- Bangladeshi women footballers beat Pakistan by 14-0
- 9 August Deaths
- Kareena Kapoor to get 50 per cent remuneration hike
- PM greets U-15 women footballers for victory over Pakistan