‘Miss Wheelchair World’ pageant seeks to change attitudes
Published : 10 Oct 2017, 17:11
A Polish organisation had held the first international edition of a beauty pageant for women in wheelchairs in an effort to change people’s perceptions about people with disabilities.
A woman from Belarus was the winner of the Miss Wheelchair World in Warsaw on Saturday evening.
The first runner-up was from South Africa and the second runner-up from Poland.
The event was organized by the Only One Foundation, which was founded by two disabled women seeking to break down barriers limiting disabled people.
After four editions of Miss Poland Wheelchair, the pageant on Saturday marked an effort to go global.
The organization says that every woman in a wheelchair has the right ‘to be whoever she wants and to feel beautiful.’
The city of Warsaw co-organized the event.
Source: CTV News
- Most viewed
- Trump ‘made me cry,’ says soldier’s widow
- 24 October Deaths
- 24 October Births
- 24 October Events
- College girl’s hanging body recovered in Jessore
- Sushma opens Chancery Complex of Indian HC in Dhaka
- Myanmar must not punish innocent people: Sushma tells PM
- Have mushroom-rich breakfast to maintain healthy weight
- Fashion industry not real life: Claudia Schiffer
- 18 October Events
- 18 October Births
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Momen urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises
- Students from Dhaka win study trip to Australian Univ