Monica Lewinsky gets apology after event snub over Clinton
Published : 11 May 2018, 14:39
A US magazine has apologised to Monica Lewinsky, the ex-White House intern who had an affair with former president Bill Clinton, after an apparent snub.
Ms Lewinsky caused a stir on social media after tweeting about how she was disinvited to a "social change" event after Mr Clinton decided to attend.
She said the magazine, which she did not name, offered to remedy the situation by giving her an article.
Lifestyle magazine Town & Country apologised to her a day later.
"We apologise to Ms. Lewinsky and regret the way the situation was handled," the magazine said in a tweet on Thursday.
The magazine did not offer any other details.
The apology came a day after Ms Lewinsky posted a vague tweet about the apparent invitation snub.
"Don't try to ameliorate the situation by insulting me with an offer of an article in your mag," Ms Lewinsky added.
The event in question appeared to refer to the magazine's annual philanthropic summit - an invite-only event described as a gathering of activists and social leaders, according to the Huffington Post, which first named the magazine.
The news website reported that Mr Clinton attended the summit on Wednesday to introduce Emma Gonzalez, a survivor of the Parkland, Florida school shooting and gun control advocate.
Mr Clinton's press secretary said he was unaware Ms Lewinsky's invitation was rescinded.
The former president's press secretary, Angel Ureña said he "gladly accepted" the invite to address the summit and "neither he nor his staff knew anything" about Ms Lewinsky's invitation.
Ms Lewinsky's affair with Mr Clinton when she was a White House intern was a key issue that led to impeachment proceedings against him.
- Most viewed
- 14 August Events
- 14 August Births
- 14 August Deaths
- Man gets 14 yrs jail for torturing wife over dowry
- Dhaka-Delhi relationship now at its best, says PM Hasina
- Bangabandhu struggled to establish Bangalee nation’s right: Speaker
- Kareena and Ranveer collaboration finally happening!
- Madonna still shocks with barrier-breaking lifestyle
- Google tracks your movements, like it or not
- Did you know Salman was the first choice to play Aishwarya’s brother in Josh?
- 9 August Events
- PM visits hospital to see Sechchasebak League leader and four injured students
- Love for ex boyfriend!
- Bangladeshi students encouraged to consider education in Australia
- My mother had capacity to take any decision: Prime Minister
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- 8 August Events
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women