4 ‘militants’ surrender in Ashulia
Published : 16 Jul 2017, 14:32
Four suspected militants have surrendered before the members of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) during a drive of the elite force in an Ashulia residence at Savar, on the outskirts of the capital.
RAB members cordoned off the area early Sunday suspecting it to be a militant den.
Sounds of gunshots were also heard in regular intervals in the morning around 11:30am.
RAB media and legal wing director Mufti Mahmood Khan at noon told reporters that four suspected militants have surrendered.
Earlier in the morning, the RAB official said elite force men fenced off the house around 1:00am on Sunday.
The RAB media and legal wing director further said, “The area has been evacuated. We will begin a drive shortly.”
The owner of the house, Ibrahim, was also under RAB custody for interrogation, he added.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Seafood-rich diet may up sexual intimacy, pregnancy chances
- Priyanka Chopra left Cox`s Bazar for Dhaka
- Tasfia murder case: One arrested
- Canada to work for Rohingya women rights
- UN body’s request for report on rape of Rohingya women
- ‘The world needs to care’: Priyanka (VIDEO)
- 24 May Events
- 24 May Births
- 24 May Deaths
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- 10 Tips to Pre-Prep Meals for Ramadan to Save Time and Effort
- Ramadan Recipes: Baked Potatoes
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Royal wedding 2018: Finishing touches ahead of big day
- Housewife beaten dead ‘by husband’ in Benapole
- 10 killed in Texas school shooting
- Housewife found dead in Panchagarh
- More than 100 killed in Cuba Plane crash (Video)