Nazrul's birth anniversary to be observed in Manikganj
Published : 17 May 2016, 17:08
The 117th birth anniversary of National Poet Kazi Nazrul Islam will be observed in Manikganj on May 25 with due respect and festivity.
On the occasion Manikganj district administration finalized a day-long programme to celebrate the birth anniversary of the National Poet at a meeting on May 16 in the Deputy Commissioner's conference room.
Deputy Commissioner Rashida Ferdouse presided over the meeting. ADC (Gen.) Gazi M Asaduzzaman Kabir, former district education officer M Abdul Monnaf Khan and former DD of DAE Rafiqul Islam were present the meeting, among others.
It was decided that all the programmes of the day will be held at Teota, the birth place of Promila Nazrul, beloved wife of the poet.
The programmes included placing the floral wreaths on the portrait of the National Poet at the birth place of Promila in the morning, discussion, cultural function and prize distribution.
Beside cultural competition and Nazrul fair will be held at the Kachari Bari of the Zaminder house.
- Most viewed
- Hasina on TIME’s list of 100 most influential people
- Make multilateral trade regime more inclusive, PM to Commonwealth
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Sufia Kamal Hall: Four students thrown out late at night
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Hasina, Modi hold meeting; discuss Rohingya issue
- 20 April Births
- 20 April Deaths
- 20 April Events
- Barbara Bush 'in failing health' won't seek further treatment
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- PM to join Saudi-led military drill's concluding ceremony today
- Pahela Baishakh being celebrated
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- Former US first lady Barbara Bush dies
- Bollywood celebs protest to seek justice for rape victims
- To soften image, Kim Jong Un turns spotlight to sister, wife
- PM seeks more investment from top global business leaders