Nazrul's birth anniversary to be observed in Manikganj
Published : 17 May 2016, 17:08
The 117th birth anniversary of National Poet Kazi Nazrul Islam will be observed in Manikganj on May 25 with due respect and festivity.
On the occasion Manikganj district administration finalized a day-long programme to celebrate the birth anniversary of the National Poet at a meeting on May 16 in the Deputy Commissioner's conference room.
Deputy Commissioner Rashida Ferdouse presided over the meeting. ADC (Gen.) Gazi M Asaduzzaman Kabir, former district education officer M Abdul Monnaf Khan and former DD of DAE Rafiqul Islam were present the meeting, among others.
It was decided that all the programmes of the day will be held at Teota, the birth place of Promila Nazrul, beloved wife of the poet.
The programmes included placing the floral wreaths on the portrait of the National Poet at the birth place of Promila in the morning, discussion, cultural function and prize distribution.
Beside cultural competition and Nazrul fair will be held at the Kachari Bari of the Zaminder house.
- Most viewed
- Recipe: Smoky, saucy, cheesy pasta
- Red Cross: 21 resigned or fired since 2015 in sex cases
- Khaleda’s bail in graft case extended until Monday
- Quality, time-befitting education a must: PM
- Hearing on Khaleda’s bail plea today
- 9th anniversary of Pilkhana carnage being observed
- 25 February Deaths
- 25 February Births
- 25 February Events
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Trump blasts Oprah
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Keep every child alive, says Unicef
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
- Nation pays homage to language martyrs