Nazrul's birth anniversary to be observed in Manikganj
Published : 17 May 2016, 17:08
The 117th birth anniversary of National Poet Kazi Nazrul Islam will be observed in Manikganj on May 25 with due respect and festivity.
On the occasion Manikganj district administration finalized a day-long programme to celebrate the birth anniversary of the National Poet at a meeting on May 16 in the Deputy Commissioner's conference room.
Deputy Commissioner Rashida Ferdouse presided over the meeting. ADC (Gen.) Gazi M Asaduzzaman Kabir, former district education officer M Abdul Monnaf Khan and former DD of DAE Rafiqul Islam were present the meeting, among others.
It was decided that all the programmes of the day will be held at Teota, the birth place of Promila Nazrul, beloved wife of the poet.
The programmes included placing the floral wreaths on the portrait of the National Poet at the birth place of Promila in the morning, discussion, cultural function and prize distribution.
Beside cultural competition and Nazrul fair will be held at the Kachari Bari of the Zaminder house.
- Most viewed
- Nicotine vaping might not be as healthy was first thought
- The rise of the gourmet burger trend
- Celebrity chef brothers bring their signature cooking to the Mideast
- Action if mobile phone operators sell SIM cards to Rohingya refugees [...]
- Process for taking back some Rohingya refugees ‘anytime’: Suu Kyi
- World must join to stop Rohingya genocide: Shabana Azmi
- Couple Has Sex In Domino's Pizza, Then Justice Is Served (video)
- Kushtia BNP leader held for ‘rape attempt’
- PM rules out possibility of understanding with BNP
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- Nawaz Sharif's wife wins Lahore by-poll
- How to have beautiful toned body
- Girl dies falling off easy bike
- Women empowerment must to achieve SDGs: PM