Nazrul's birth anniversary to be observed in Manikganj
Published : 17 May 2016, 17:08
The 117th birth anniversary of National Poet Kazi Nazrul Islam will be observed in Manikganj on May 25 with due respect and festivity.
On the occasion Manikganj district administration finalized a day-long programme to celebrate the birth anniversary of the National Poet at a meeting on May 16 in the Deputy Commissioner's conference room.
Deputy Commissioner Rashida Ferdouse presided over the meeting. ADC (Gen.) Gazi M Asaduzzaman Kabir, former district education officer M Abdul Monnaf Khan and former DD of DAE Rafiqul Islam were present the meeting, among others.
It was decided that all the programmes of the day will be held at Teota, the birth place of Promila Nazrul, beloved wife of the poet.
The programmes included placing the floral wreaths on the portrait of the National Poet at the birth place of Promila in the morning, discussion, cultural function and prize distribution.
Beside cultural competition and Nazrul fair will be held at the Kachari Bari of the Zaminder house.
- Most viewed
- Make Your Own Mango Bubble Tea
- Ever Heard of Bubble Tea? Everything You Didn't Know About This Unique Drink
- PM to visit Sunamganj haors Apr 30
- SSC results on 4 May
- 'Put people over profit to end fashion slavery'
- President, PM greet NMST's golden jubilee celebration
- Shakib Khan served legal notice
- ‘Baahubali 2: The Conclusion’ new poster shows Anushka Shetty in all her royal glory
- Pregnancy or PMS? 11 ways to spot the difference
- Dhaka-Thimphu to work in power, water resources & connectivity: Statement
- Safety rules ignored in Cox's Bazar beach
- Bangladesh students are welcome in US
- 'Ruppur nuclear power plant's construction set to begin in June'
- Bhutan to facilitate entry of Bangladeshi products
- PM returns home from Bhutan
- Policewomen honoured for their contribution
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- Mother, daughter hurt in Gaibandha acid attack