Nazrul's birth anniversary to be observed in Manikganj
Published : 17 May 2016, 17:08
The 117th birth anniversary of National Poet Kazi Nazrul Islam will be observed in Manikganj on May 25 with due respect and festivity.
On the occasion Manikganj district administration finalized a day-long programme to celebrate the birth anniversary of the National Poet at a meeting on May 16 in the Deputy Commissioner's conference room.
Deputy Commissioner Rashida Ferdouse presided over the meeting. ADC (Gen.) Gazi M Asaduzzaman Kabir, former district education officer M Abdul Monnaf Khan and former DD of DAE Rafiqul Islam were present the meeting, among others.
It was decided that all the programmes of the day will be held at Teota, the birth place of Promila Nazrul, beloved wife of the poet.
The programmes included placing the floral wreaths on the portrait of the National Poet at the birth place of Promila in the morning, discussion, cultural function and prize distribution.
Beside cultural competition and Nazrul fair will be held at the Kachari Bari of the Zaminder house.
- Most viewed
- 'Wasn’t fortunate enough to find IS'
- RAB Intelligence chief being taken to Singapore for treatment
- 26 March Deaths
- 26 March Births
- 26 March Events
- IS claims responsibility for Sylhet blasts
- Father hands over 2 sons to cops suspecting militants
- Bangladesh Bank Fire: Electric short circuit may be to blame
- Independence day today: Of valour and bravery
- Eurovision 2017: Ukraine bars Russian singer Samoilova from contest
- Cabinet approves draft law for planned land uses
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Blessed to work with 'Quantico' actors'
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- ‘Beauty’ proves a beast in box-office
- Sleep apnea in kids may affect mental skills
- 'Sex assault' streamed on Facebook Live
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building