Students from Dhaka win study trip to Australian Univ
Published : 19 Oct 2017, 13:07
Students from the International Turkish Hope School, Dhaka, have won a study trip to visit the University of Technology (UTS) in Sydney as winners of the Bangladesh schools video competition 2017.
The Australian Trade and Investment Commission on Thursday announced it.
Speaking about the competition, Peter Coleman, Trade Commissioner, Australian Trade and Investment Commission said the Australian Trade and Investment Commission is delighted to support this competition.
"This competition has broadened the horizons of students from Bangladesh and exposed them to new study options to consider, particularly in fields that link to careers of the future. We look forward to having the winners in Australia soon.”
According to Coleman, “Australia is amongst the top three international education destination for Bangladeshi undergraduate and post-graduate students, with over 6,000 Bangladeshi students currently studying in Australia.”
“We would like to invite more students from Bangladesh to study in Australia in courses where Australia is a world leader, including educational programmes in archaeology, earth & marine sciences, mineral & mining engineering, environmental sciences, nursing, pharmacy & pharmacology and veterinary science.”
Australia is also a significant international education destination for emerging or future careers in areas ranging from technology, digital, robotics, media & entertainment, scientific research, health, future materials and so on.
“These programmes will provide students from Bangladesh the foundation for a global career in the areas of future employment growth”, said Peter Coleman.
The competition attracted participation from students in grades 9 to 11 from schools across Bangladesh. The participating students developed a short film around the theme of “Internet of Things (IOT)”.
- Most viewed
- Katrina Kaif’s character in ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ revealed
- 21 September Events
- 21 September Births
- 21 September Deaths
- Quitting junk food can have withdrawals as drug addiction
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- Receiving Smita Patil award validates my choices: Anushka
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangabandhu struggled for peace and equality: PM
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- 15 September Deaths
- Technical school & college to be built in each upazila: PM
- 15 September Events
- Sonam believes Kangana is a troublemaker
- Technology is the best way to develop country: Sheikh Hasina
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks