Jacqueline to recreate ‘Ek do teen’ for ‘Baaghi 2’
Published : 08 Feb 2018, 17:56
Jacqueline Fernandez will recreate veteran actress Madhuri Dixit Nene’s foot-tapping ‘Ek do teen’ number from the 1988 film ‘Tezaab’ for ‘Baaghi 2’.
Three choreographers — Saroj Khan, Ganesh Acharya and Ahmed Khan — came together on the set for this.
Ahmed, who is directing the film, said in a statement: ‘There will be three choreographers on the set... That’s a picture perfect moment in itself! It’s an all-time favourite and I have asked Ganesh to retain Sarojji’s famous hook steps and Manish Malhotra to keep Madhuri Dixit’s pink outfit in mind while designing while designing Jacqueline’s costume.’
‘Ek do teen’ was originally choreographed by the veteran Saroj Khan.
Ahmed has earlier worked with Jacqueline on numbers like ‘Chittiyan kalaiyan’, ‘Lat lag gayee’ and ‘Jumme ki raat’. He says he wants the same vibe for the recreated version.
‘I want the same feel of the earlier song that still looms large on everyone’s mind and also the same vibe, with the crowds chanting ‘Mohini, Mohini’ as Madhuri takes the stage,’ he said.
While expressing his thoughts on Jacqueline slipping into Madhuri’s shoes, Ahmed said: ‘She’s the perfect choice.’
‘Baaghi 2’, starring Tiger Shroff, is the sequel to the 2016 film ‘Baaghi’.
The film, which also stars Disha Patani, is produced by Sajid Nadiadwala under the banner name Nadiadwala Grandson Entertainment and presented by Fox Star Studios. It will release on March 30.
- Most viewed
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- 21 July Events
- 21 July Births
- 21 July Deaths
- Keto or vegan? Hear it from the nutritionist
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: 5 times actress turned heads
- Wonder benefits of coconut oil
- Google faces record 4.3-bn-euro EU fine over Android
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- Putin, Macron, Kitarovic to watch World Cup final
- Asif Akbar to act in movies