Bangladesh pick up third win against Thailand in Women’s Asia Cup T20
Published : 07 Jun 2018, 13:31
Following their victories against Pakistan and India earlier in the tournament, Bangladesh Women’s team picked up their third consecutive win in the T20 Asia Cup as they beat Thailand by 9 wickets.
Asked to bat first, Thailand managed to reach 60/8 following an all-round bowling performance from the Tigresses, who had all their bowlers picking up at least one wicket. Salma Khatun and Nahida Akhter were the pick of the bowlers, bagging two wickets each.
Thailand started poorly, losing seven wickets for 39 runs. Only three players managed to reach double figures as Nattaya Boochatham’s 15, captain Sornnarin Tippoch’s 13 and a 17-ball 14 from Sirintra Saengsakaorat late in the innings helped Thailand bat their 20 overs.
The chase was clinical, finished off in just 11 overs without much fuss. Opener Ayasha Rahman and No. three batsaman NIgar Sultana both scored 25 runs from 28 deliveries to seal the win.
Bangladesh are currently top of the points table with six points from four matches. Tigresses will play their final match against Malaysia on Saturday.
Thailand: 60/8 in 20 overs (Boochatham 15, Salma 2/6, Nahida 2/10)
Bangladesh: 62/1 in 11.1 overs (Ayasha 25*, Nigar 25*)
- Most viewed
- Katrina Kaif’s character in ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ revealed
- 21 September Events
- 21 September Births
- 21 September Deaths
- Quitting junk food can have withdrawals as drug addiction
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- Receiving Smita Patil award validates my choices: Anushka
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangabandhu struggled for peace and equality: PM
- 15 September Deaths
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Technical school & college to be built in each upazila: PM
- 15 September Events
- Sonam believes Kangana is a troublemaker
- Technology is the best way to develop country: Sheikh Hasina
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks