Women’s cricket team to get Tk 2cr as prize money
Published : 12 Jun 2018, 11:59
Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) President Nazmul Hasan Papon has announced Tk 2 crore prize money for Bangladesh Women Cricket Team as they clinched the Asia Cup T20 title against India on Sunday.
BCB also announced that each of the players will receive Tk 10 lakh.
The victorious Tigresses have arrived at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport by a US Bangla flight this afternoon.
The team went to Pan Pacific Sonargaon Hotel straight from the airport where the BCB president along with directors and staff members received the Tigresses and announced the prize money.
Yesterday, it was dream come true for Bangladesh and a befitting end of a fairy tale as Tigresses overcame all the hurdles to beat the fancied India by three wickets in a nerve wrecking final of the Women’s Asia Cup final to lift their maiden crown at Kinrara Academy Oval, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Most viewed
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- 18 August Events
- 18 August Births
- 18 August Deaths
- No cell phones at Deepika, Ranveer destination wedding
- Nick Jonas reaches India for engagement bash with Priyanka
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara