Women’s cricket team to get Tk 2cr as prize money
Published : 12 Jun 2018, 11:59
Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) President Nazmul Hasan Papon has announced Tk 2 crore prize money for Bangladesh Women Cricket Team as they clinched the Asia Cup T20 title against India on Sunday.
BCB also announced that each of the players will receive Tk 10 lakh.
The victorious Tigresses have arrived at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport by a US Bangla flight this afternoon.
The team went to Pan Pacific Sonargaon Hotel straight from the airport where the BCB president along with directors and staff members received the Tigresses and announced the prize money.
Yesterday, it was dream come true for Bangladesh and a befitting end of a fairy tale as Tigresses overcame all the hurdles to beat the fancied India by three wickets in a nerve wrecking final of the Women’s Asia Cup final to lift their maiden crown at Kinrara Academy Oval, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Most viewed
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 23 June Births
- 23 June Deaths
- 23 June Events
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM