HC orders judicial enquiry into torching of Santal houses
Published : 14 Dec 2016, 16:35
The High Court on Wednesday ordered judicial inquiry into the torching of Santal houses by police in Gobindaganj of Gaibandha.
The court also asked the chief judicial magistrate of Gaibandha court to submit the report in 15 days.
A joint bench of Justice Obaidul Hasan and Justice Krishna Debnath passed the order.
HC also ordered the Deputy Inspector General of (DIG) of Rangpur Range of Police to investigate the two case statements filed regarding the incident.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- 18 August Events
- 18 August Births
- 18 August Deaths
- No cell phones at Deepika, Ranveer destination wedding
- Nick Jonas reaches India for engagement bash with Priyanka
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- Speaker pays homage to Bangabandhu