Speaker mourns death of Mostafa Faruque Mohammad
Published : 05 Jan 2017, 15:07
Speaker of the Jatiya Sangsad Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury today expressed deep shock at the death of former Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Minister Mostafa Faruque Mohammad, said an official release here.
In a condolence message, Dr Sharmin said Mostafa Faruque Mohammad was a dedicated politician, noted diplomat and social worker. "The country has lost an experienced politician and social worker in his death," said the Speaker.
The Speaker prayed for eternal peace of the departed soul and conveyed deep sympathy to the bereaved family members.
Deputy Speaker Mohammad Fazley Rabbi Mia and Chief Whip ASM Feroz also have expressed deep shock at the death of Mostafa Faruque Mohammad.
Foreign Minister Abul Hasan Mahmood Ali has expressed profound shock at the death of noted ruling party leader, diplomat and freedom fighter Mostafa Faruque Mohammad.
Mostafa Faruque Mohammad died at a city hospital last night at the age of 74.
He is survived by wife and two daughters to mourn his death.
- Most viewed
- 6 women ‘militants’ held in Panchagarh
- March 27 Deaths
- March 27 Births
- March 27 Events
- UK police still believe London attacker was acting alone
- Two killed, more ‘well-trained’ militants inside, says army in Sylhet
- Families of Sylhet blast victims wail in misery
- Police put on alert across Bangladesh
- PM calls on 'misguided militants' to return to normal life
- Eurovision 2017: Ukraine bars Russian singer Samoilova from contest
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Blessed to work with 'Quantico' actors'
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- Sleep apnea in kids may affect mental skills
- 'Sex assault' streamed on Facebook Live
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- ECNEC approves mega project for health sector
- 'Bangladesh role model in women's advancement'