Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
Published : 19 Oct 2017, 12:59
A schoolgirl allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself from the ceiling of her house at Sajiara village in the district town on Wednesday.
Ilias Hossain, officer-in-charge of Magura Police Station, said Khadiza Khatun, 15, a student of class 10 and daughter of Khalil Molla of Mohammadpur upazila used to live at her aunt’s house at Sajiara village.
On Wednesday night, Khadiza took her life by hanging herself from ceiling of the house over family feud.
On information, police recovered the body and sent it to Magura Hospital morgue for autopsy.
A case was filed.
- Most viewed
- Wife of Malaysia's ex-PM arrives for questions in 1MDB case
- PM invited to WEF annual meeting
- Judi Dench honoured at Spain film festival
- PM urges int’l community to ensure easy transfer of technology
- Prime Minister for upholding dignity of UN peacekeeping
- 26 September Births
- 26 September Events
- 26 September Deaths
- Bangladesh has potential to achieve more: Bernicat
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM to receive 2 awards for her leadership over Rohingya issue
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- PM gives flats to former national footballers, hockey player
- Female RMG worker loses leg in Savar road crash