3-day Lalon memorial festival will kick off today
Published : 01 Mar 2018, 16:38
The three-day Lalon Smaran Utshab (Lalon Memorial Festival) will begin at the shrine of Lalon Shah at Chheuria in Kushtia today.
Introduced by Lalon himself, the festival is held every year to celebrate Dol Purnima.
Lalon Academy, a locally elected body to look after the bard’s shrine, is organising the festival with the assistance of the Ministry of Cultural Affairs.
The organisers have completed all arrangements to ensure an enjoyable festival.
- Most viewed
- Doob is getting much-deserved acknowledgment: Irrfan Khan
- Mystery around disappearance of Chinese star
- Marta wins Best FIFA Women's Player award
- Sheikh Hasina urges US businesses to share Bangladesh’s prosperity
- PM says Govt wants free, fair, participatory national polls
- PM Hasina joins Trump’s welcome reception
- PM Sheikh Hasina for more private sector investment in education sector
- Prime Minister places 3 proposals to resolve Rohingya crisis
- Settle all international disputes, prevent conflicts: Sheikh Hasina
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare