'Digital Bangladesh is not a dream, it's reality'
Published : 02 Mar 2017, 23:25
Aiming to share information solutions that enhance the performance of science, health, and technology professionals and empowering them to make better decisions; Elsevier and A2i has jointly arranged a workshop called “Elsevier (ScienceDirect) Digital Resource Awareness & Author Workshop in association with A2i". This joint initiative also aims to deliver better care, and sometimes make groundbreaking discoveries that advance the boundaries of knowledge and human progress.
The two day long event has started on 2nd March, Thursday, and will be continued till 3rd March, at the Krishibid Institution Bangladesh (KIB). Anyone can join the event either on 2nd or 3rd of March as per convenience. The event will commence at 10.30 am on both the days.
Director General (admin) of Prime Minister's Office and Project Manager of A2i, Kabir Bin Anwar, was present on the 1st day's program, as a chief guest.
In chief guest's speech, Kabir Bin Anwar said, "Digital Bangladesh is not a dream anymore, it's reality now. People of Bangladesh has started to receive digital services".
Addressing the students and teachers, he said, "You will take this country to far ahead. For this, the present generation students should emphasize on information technology studies".
D. Sangeeta Mehta, Regional Director, Elsevier Research Solution Sales (book), South Asia, also said about how to publish good books and journals.
The Senior Solutions Sales Manager of Elsevier, Arnab Kumar De was in charge of overall maintenance of the program and keeping contact with PMO.
- Most viewed
- Militants kill mother-daughter polio workers in Pakistan
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern may be first leader to give birth while in office
- Magura teenage girl ‘kills self’ for smartphone
- 19 January Deaths
- 19 January Births
- 19 January Events
- Must-take fitness resolutions for the Year 2018
- Deepika becomes a cop for a commercial
- Dhaka wants peaceful solution to Rohingya crisis: Sheikh Hasina
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Tarana for women’s equal participation in filmmaking
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US