Four-time Olympic luger Hamlin named US flag bearer
Published : 08 Feb 2018, 22:45
Erin Hamlin, a four-time Olympian, was named Thursday by the US Olympic Committee as the American flag bearer for Friday's opening ceremony of the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics.
Two-time world champion Hamlin was chosen by a vote of US Olympians in South Korea and will become the fourth luger to serve as flag bearer, the first since 2010.
Hamlin became the first American to win an Olympic singles luge medal in the sport's 50-year Olympic history with a 2014 bronze at Sochi. She had not reached a World Cup podium for two years.
"Making four teams and winning the bronze medal is so much more than I could I have imagined I would accomplish," Hamlin said.
"Now being voted flag bearer is a whole new level..."
- Most viewed
- Special project plans to empower women in ICT sector
- Youth jailed for sexually harassing Rajshahi SSC examinee
- Hasina frolics with grandchildren on Friday afternoon
- Ivanka Trump at Olympics for politics, to back athletes
- College girl commits ‘suicide’ in Jessore
- Myanmar parliament approves $15M for Rakhine border fence
- 24 February Deaths
- 24 February Births
- 24 February Events
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife hacked to death in Sylhet, 2 held
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Trump blasts Oprah
- Keep every child alive, says Unicef
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM